Terms and Conditions for Regular Class
Fees and Deposit
1. Fees must be paid before the term/month commence (post-dates cheque will not be accepted). The seat in the class will only be confirmed upon payment and the centre reserves the right to deny students from entering the classroom if no fees are paid.
2. The registration fee is $50. It will be waived for every new enrolment and payable upon re-enrolment.
3. All transactions made are non-refundable.
4. A one-time material fee of $60 is chargeable upon registration. This fee is applicable to all new students who join the Centre at any time of the academic year, covering the basic materials for all chapters. All learning materials will be distributed according to the schedule planned by the Centre. The Centre will not accede to requests for lesson materials to be given out in advance.
5. For students who lost the lesson materials, only the summaries and cheat sheets are replaceable and be given out of goodwill. Materials will be chargeable for repeated cases.
Absenteeism and Class Replacement
6. In cases of absence, students should arrange to attend other classes within the same academic week**, which is subjected to availability. To avoid the situation of the preferred make-up slots being unavailable, arrangements should be made early.
7. If the student is not able to schedule a replacement class, he/she may request for a transfer of the fee for that affected class to the next term only if a Medical Certificate that covers the date of absence (including weekends) is presented. Parents Letters, Medical Certificates from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Overseas Institutions are not acceptable.
8. If a student is absent for a prearranged replacement class without a Medical Certificate, the fees will neither be refunded nor transferrable.
9. If a tutor needs to take leave (e.g. medical leave, military recall), a replacement tutor may be called in to replace.
10. It is strongly encouraged that notification of absence and the arrangement for replacement classes are to be done by parents only. However, should a notification be received from a student, the Centre will respond accordingly, holding no responsibility in verifying it with their parents or guardian.
Student Well-being, Safety and Personal Belongings
11. The Centre reserves the right to stop any student from attending class should the student be observed or suspected to have the following symptoms before or during class.
(b) contagious disease (e.g. sore eyes, chicken pox and influenza),
(c) sneezing or coughing profusely
12. The Centre will endeavour to ensure the safety of every student. However, the Centre accepts no liability whatsoever for any injury, loss or damage caused in the course of operating the Centre or whilst providing its services or be held responsible for any mishap.
13. The Centre will not be held responsible for any lost of personal belongings in the premise.
14. The Centre has the right to refuse entry to or remove from the premise, any student who displays behaviours that is disruptive, aggressive, abusive or any others that compromises the safety of other students and/or the teaching and learning in the classes. For students who frequently displays the behaviours, the Centre reserves the right to dismiss the student from the Centre with no refunds.
15. Classes that fall on a public holiday will be shifted to another date and time. Parents and students will be notified at least 2 weeks before the change.
16. For Sec 3 / IP Y3 / IB Y3, there will be no lessons on
(a) Lesson 23 or 24^
(b) Lesson 45 or 46^
17. JC 1
(a) Lessons 40 and 41^
18. There will be no lessons for all levels after Lesson 48.
Transition to Next Academic Year
19. Existing students will be given priority to confirm their seats for the next year through the First Phase of Registration. The Second Phase of Registration will be open to the public after the First Phase.
20. To withdraw from the Centre, a 2-week notice must be served. The student will then attend the remaining classes in the term and the next 2 classes covered by the deposit.
21. Deposits will not be refunded if no notice is served.
Late Payment of Fee
22. For students who are 2 weeks late into paying the fees, the Centre reserves the Right to suspend the classes until fees is paid.
23. The Centre has to be informed of any change in the student’s particulars, such as contact numbers and parents’ email address.
24. The Centre reserves the right to use any pictures, sound and videos recorded inside the centre in all its advertising and media platform (e.g. printed flyer, websites and social medias).
25. The personal information collected on this form is for the use of course registration, course survey and the dissemination of news and updates on the Centre’s classes etc. The Centre is committed in maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information and undertakes not to reveal applicant’s information to any 3rd parties and program partners without prior consent of the applicant. If you suspect your data has been compromised, please inform our administrative assistants.
Rights to Change
26. The Centre reserves the right to change the terms and conditions as it deems fit and necessary at any time. Parents/guardians will be notified of any changes.
* The Centre reserves the right to amend the dates.
** Refer to the Academic Calendar.
^ Will be confirmed at least 1 month before